How I found my way in the blogging world
When I first started thinking about what I wanted to do after the big move for the Mr’s job I was more than just a bit overwhelmed. Everything in my life was changing, and I had to adapt.
My first thought was to get a traditional job. I have an accounting degree, and everybody needs a bean counter. But – that didn’t appeal to me at all. I also have a company (that I love) and run from home. The problem is that running that company simply doesn’t take up enough of my time. My boys are grown and out of the house. I need something more – and I want to make money doing it.
This is how Planned Pretty came about – and a step by step so you can easily start a blog too.
- First, I determined my niche by using this process
- Then I set up all the techy stuff. I went with a custom domain and self-hosting that is easy to manage and chose a theme that works the way I want it too.
- Next, I developed my own blog planner. The planner is one of my favorite things about blogging – the planner 🙂
- Now I’m writing. The writing is getting better as I go because I have a process and a plan.
- It is time to get social. Here you can see how I use Facebook and Pinterest to grow my blog.
- SEO is key to getting seen by Google, and this is all about the freebie I use to get it done right.
Some parts of the process were more difficult than I thought they would be and others have turned out to be much easier. Although there is some great info “out there” to help you get started, I wish I had been able to find a little more direction at the start. Especially with finding my niche. The great thing is that you can make your blog about anything you want. The hard thing is that you can make your blog about anything you want. I’m glad I figured out how to focus my never ending thoughts and narrow down how I want to help people. As a serious over thinker, this is a big win for me!
Have you been thinking about starting a blog – or have you already done it? What has been the easiest part for you? What has been the hardest?
Get the Pro Decor Plan
Get the step by step plan professional decorators use to give every room in the house the professionally designed look you want + free printables to keep you on track!